If you lost your phone or your data is totally your responsibility. We do not recommend to upgrade if you feel unexperienced, because you have high risk to lost all your data and the Samsung warranty.
If you concerned about that:
- First backup all your important files you have on your phone.
- Download the file in this link.
- Format (wipe out) your phone.
- Unpack it to the folder Android in your pc.
- Install Heimdall.
- Turn on USB debugging mode on your phone: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
- Reboot turning on download mode by pressing and holding VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously.
- Connect the device to your computer using USB.
- Kies is useless at this point, if you have installed it, run this commands:
sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungACMData
sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungComposite
sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungACMControl
- Go to the I9100VJLP7_I9100UHLPF_I9100ZTOLP4_HOME folder you have extracted and run the command:
heimdall flash --primary-boot boot.bin --cache cache.img --factoryfs factoryfs.img --hidden hidden.img --param param.lfs --secondary-boot Sbl.bin --modem modem.bin --kernel zImage
- Wait the progress bar finish and the end of the reboot.
Now your phone now have Android 4.0.3
* Singapore version of android doesn't worked.
* Hemdall 1.3.2 doesn't work. Use 1.3.1 version.